Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 7/28/14

Image courtesy of Sandra @ Dairy of a Stay at Home Mom

This is my first Happy Homemaker Monday.  And I gotta be honest I am not the best homemaker at all.  Most days I am not even sure I really like it.  But my goal is to be more content and grateful and this is one of my jobs and it certainly needs my attention! So on ward we go ;)

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning:: 
lots of coffee and leftover hashbrowns from Sunday morning

On today's to do list::
Laundry - finish and put it all away (a major down fall of mine)
Deep Clean my kitchen! 
take my youngest to swim training

The weather outside is::
cool and rainy

On the menu this week::
Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

as you can see --- I haven't thought that far yet, hopefully others will inspire me and I can go from there -- hahaha

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::
I want to learn how to crochet and to knit,  I have no idea how to do either and would really love to know.  So I think goggling them both will be on my agenda to see if there is a beginner course for both

In the garden::
need to harvest some of my herbs and my lavender.  My neighbor gave me cucumbers so that will be on the agenda to enjoy as well  this week

Favorite photo from the camera::
 
Saturday night with my Superman out by our pool, getting ready to watch a movie and having a glass of wine!

Praying for::
a lot of unspoken requests, but He knows so that is a comfort.
Some family members with health issues.
Personal contentment --- a struggle with me.  I have a lot to be grateful and I am, but lately I feel very ungrateful in showing my gratefulness ..... if that makes sense to anyone other then me!  My main goal this week is to be grateful and show it!!!

Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::
Philippians 4:8 ~ my personal favorite and an excellent reminder for me, always!
 
Off to play some music off my pandora ~ leaning towards a Bollywood type of kitchen cleaning!

Have a blessed day everyone!


 

6 comments:

  1. So glad you're joining in :) You know when I first got married I didn't much care for the housework either, but over the years I have come to love what I do :)

    Your evening by the pool sounds so relaxing.

    Hope you have a great week and enjoy your kitchen cleaning Bollywood style lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught myself how to crochet through you tube videos! I only know how to do the single stitch so far but its a start. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh sitting outside with a fire and a glass of wine = BLISS!! Looks so cozy :)

    Ha ha to your menu plan...er, lack of ;) I never plan ahead because I never know what my husband is going to want. He usually texts me in the morning from work telling me what I should take out for dinner. BUT he is the cook, not me, so I happily eat whatever!

    This was my first time doing this homemaker thing too...though I did it today (Tuesday) because I work from home and usually forget what day it is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie, we call our backyard paradise - it is rather enjoyable!

      Your hubby loves to cook, how lovely! Enjoy that!

      Delete